WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: ACR Best Practices

for

Date: Dec 18, 2019 12:32PM

It is important to demonstrate the knowledge and quality of the evaluation and efforts for supporting criteria to differentiate a product ACR from one that just marks all criteria as supports without accuracy. That is -- if someone doesn't provide supporting details -- then how will a procurer know which ACR is completed by a competent provider or someone who just checked the checkbox. There are additional ways such as having an ACR completed by a third party company, etc. -- but an easy way to demonstrate that an ACR was created with a thorough audit by an expert is to demonstrate this in the supporting remarks and comments. The response doesn't need to be long -- but perhaps a sentence, two, or three demonstrating steps taken -- e.g. use of heading, ARIA landmark, table structure for SC 1.3.1, etc.

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Elisa D'Alessandro
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 9:08 AM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] ACR Best Practices

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi All,

I've been receiving audits asking to explain in detail how criteria are supported. I am fully aware that explaining how criteria are not supported or partially supported is critical, but I'm wondering how in depth you all usually go into detail for criteria that is fully supported?

Thanks