WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Request to Reshare a Post on the WebAIM Email Discussion List

for

Date: Jan 23, 2024 8:15AM

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am contacting you to request whether it would be possible to reshare the following post, which was previously shared on WebAIM's email discussion list on 3rd January 2024:

Starts here
Hello everybody! Do you want to contribute to improving web accessibility for screen reader users, who face various challenges in accessing web non-text content? Then, this is your opportunity to help me try to change this!

My name is Nick, I am a PhD student at Brunel University London and a game designer who wants your help in learning about your experience in contributing to the creation of web content, and your perspective on making web content accessible to screen readers users, not least in relation to alternative text descriptions (alt text). I would like to invite you to an online interview (Teams, Zoom or other) that will last around 30-45 minutes to discuss your perspective on these topics. During the interview, you will also be asked to browse a specific website where you will have the opportunity to interact with examples of alt text and share your thoughts in relation to their quality. Your invaluable insight will help me create a game-based solution for web content creators to write alt text descriptions more enjoyably, as part of gameplay, with the aim of making the Web more accessible to screen reader users while so doing!

The interviews will be starting from the 5th of January and will be running until mid-February.

To participate you will need to be:
At least 18 years old
Frequent user of the Web
Minimum 2 years of experience with creating web content
Experience with creating accessible web content is desirable, particularly writing/evaluating alt text descriptions

If you are interested in participating, please feel free to contact me directly via email: <EMAIL REMOVED>

Thank you in advance for your support!

Ends here

Have a nice day!

Kind regards,
Nick Droutsas