WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: How Useful is Gemini/Bard?

for

Date: Mar 5, 2024 3:42PM

I just realized I didn't closely read your actual question. Let me try again.

If your question is "can AI figure out how to do something Fiverr documented wrong?", probably not. If Fiverr's documentation is incorrect, the AI will almost certain fail. Large language models (LLMs), the basis of the current AI trend, are incapable of learning things. They're trained on a huge corpus of data and then "frozen" for all intents and purposes. If you're hoping for AI to tell how to do something that's not documented, it's very unlikely to succeed. It might give you suggestions or ideas to try based on whatever data it's crunched in about NVDA and Fiverr, but it will just be general guesses, it might totally lie (i.e., hallucinate), and it will likely waste your time.

If your question is "can AI help me learn screen reader commands and tricks that might help with this task, but aren't specific questions about Fiverr?", that's possible. The massive LLMs are trained on gobs of free data, which often includes open source manuals and other information. It could take some back-and-forth, but you might find a really high-power AI pretty helpful here. I don't know about Gemini, I haven't used it, but ChatGPT Plus and Claude Pro both seem pretty capable, especially if you spoon-feed them a PDF manual for something like NVDA.

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of David Russell
Sent: Tuesday, March 5, 2024 13:04
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] How Useful is Gemini/Bard?

Hello WebAIM forum,

I am an NVDA screen reader user, and to preserve some of the "how to"
I have grown to rely on, I have begun asking the Google A.I.
assistant, Gemini, how to do specific tasks with my screen reader?
I am experiencing something of concern in that directions given do not always equal experience gained.
Most recent, trying to link my "pay account" to Fiverr. Their accessibility for the vision impaired in my opinion is a joke.
There is a definite disconnect between what the tutorials intend with what experience provides.
Is this occurrence on the minds of those who produce, administrate, and roll out products for general use by the public?

Input appreciated!

--
David C. Russell, Author
<EMAIL REMOVED>
Human Being Human Doing
David C. Russell
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://books2read.com/u/mlqXG9__;!!C5qS4YX3!Hg1-qEY45AynJAYClgjM1F1WcWQFaFmSkcfuiOgteJqJnOcE7B-MKT1UN0ty0TZNEwp0dMr04b02uJP1BDS62og6NCNw$

Available now at your favorite digital store!
books2read.com