WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Disclosures

for

Date: Aug 10, 2020 9:35AM

When I work with PDFs that use layout tables like these I often change the PDF tag structure to not use tables and instead use headings to indicate the heading content on the left and make the content on the right of the table paragraphs. This won't change the visual appearance but makes more sense to screen reader users.

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Aaron Krug
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 11:13 AM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] Disclosures

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

I am being asked with putting up a disclosure like this on our site, FYI this is not ours but the layout is the same as it is a standard in financial realm. Either as a web page and/or as a PDF. I am wondering what accessibility issues would be caused by having the layout like this. Note that the layout in the PDF is all in tables and they want me to keep the page layout the same. Is there a way to make it ok for accessibility?

https://www.pnc.com/content/dam/pnc-com/pdf/Privacy%20Policy/privacy_notice_english.pdf

Aaron Krug

[/Users/akrug/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1494851432]
This communication and any attachments are confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose, or distribute this message to anyone else; any such actions may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender of the message immediately to inform him or her of the error. Virginia529 cannot provide legal, financial, or tax advice and this communication and any attachments do not contain legal, financial, or tax advice and cannot be construed as such or relied upon for those purposes.