WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: - Announcing Well-Tagged PDF (WTPDF)

for

Date: Mar 11, 2024 1:00PM

Hi Doug,

I fully appreciate that want! :-)

The PDF Association will shortly (a matter of days) publish a Q & A covering WTPDF, PDF/UA-2, etc… and we’ll be happy to expand it as questions arise.

To date there’s not much software implementing WTPDF (or PDF 2.0 for that matter)… so this isn’t an immanent subject for laypeople. On the other hand, software development is a fast-moving target, and I already aware of several major implementations working on support.

Duff.

> On Mar 11, 2024, at 14:52, Hayman, Douglass < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
>
> Thanks for sharing that Duff,
>
> Downloaded and read it as best I could. Wanted the layperson's executive summary after reading it, especially if I was going to attempt to talk with someone on our campus already struggling with creating accessible PDFs, like those who only know about "save as PDF" and nothing about tags or assistive technology.
>
> Doug Hayman
> IT Accessibility Coordinator
> Information Technology
> Olympic College
> <EMAIL REMOVED>
> (360) 475-7632
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Duff Johnson
> Sent: Monday, March 11, 2024 5:32 AM
> To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] - [WebAIM] Announcing Well-Tagged PDF (WTPDF)
>
> CAUTION: This email came from a non-OC system or external source. Beware of phishing and social engineering!
>
>
> All,
>
> The PDF Association has finally released Well-Tagged PDF (WTPDF), a new specification for accessibility in PDF 2.0 files.
>
> Ten years in the making, this new specification is mirrored in the forthcoming ISO 14289-2 (PDF/UA-2).
>
> Read the announcement and download WTPDF!
>
> https://pdfa.org/game-changing-new-free-specification-enables-interoperable-reuse-and-accessibility-for-pdf/
>
> Duff Johnson | pdfa.org | <EMAIL REMOVED> > > > > > > >